A formulated caustic powder designed for CIP use in wineries, breweries, food & beverage plants and related areas that require heavy duty cleaning. BWP assists in the prevention of scale build up in areas where hard water is present.
Wets and penetrates tartrate deposits in wineries and assists with brown film removal
Can be used with high pressure units
Prevents scale forming even in hard water areas
Contains low foaming, biodegradable surfactants and a caustic stable sequestrants
Contains 93% w/w sodium hydroxide
All Food and Beverage areas including stainless steel benches, trolleys, utensils, kettles, tanks, CIP, pipework, tiled walls and floors.
For use in Wineries: Use the amounts shown in the table below as a usage guide.
The amount of BWP required will depend on the thickness of tartrate, its structure and the size of the tank. The thickness of the tartrate deposit can vary dependant on the age of the wine, type, how long it has been in the tank and process in use such as cold stabilisation.
Light: Small crystals up to 2mm scattered over the surface with a lot of uncovered stainless steel still exposed.
Medium: Small crystals up to 2mm covering most of the surface.
Heavy: Larger crystals over 2mm covering most or all of the surface.
After a while, the operators will be able to establish the optimum amounts needed for each tank.
|Tank Size||Light Deposit||Medium Deposit||Heavy Deposit|
- Add BWP slowly to water with stirring to prevent heat build-up and boiling over.
- Circulate with sprayball or other system for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Monitor by testing pH and by visual assessment. Maintain pH above 10 to ensure continued effectiveness.
- Drain tank when clean, then rinse with water and finally a mildly acidic rinse.
Food Industry Use:
As a heavy duty CIP or COP cleaner, for bottle washing, cleaning deep fryers, meat hook cleaning and soaking equipment.
Use at levels between 2 – 3% dependent on degree of soiling.
- Add slowly to cold water, then heat solution. Never add to hot water
- Rinse all surfaces with potable water after cleaning
Fragrance: No added fragrance
pH Level: 13.2
Incompatible surfaces: May be corrosive to metals.