Citric C.I.P. Liquid
An organic acid CIP (Clean-in-Place) neutraliser.
Designed for neutralising caustic residue in wine tanks and industrial CIP equipment
Highly concentrated for maximum economy
Safe and effective alternative to mineral acids such as phosphoric and hydrochloric
Citric C.I.P. Liquid can be used in wine tanks and other industrial CIP (Clean-in-Place) equipment. Can also be used as a mild passivation (pickling) of steel surfaces to remove corrosion and re-form protective oxide layers, when used at correct concentrations.
- Use Citric CIP Liquid at dilutions up to 2-4kg/100L (2-4% w/v) dependant on the level of caustic residue present.
- To lower pH further, continue adding Citric CIP Liquid until desired pH is reached.
- Circulate with sprayball or other system for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Monitor by testing pH.
- Drain tank when clean, then rinse with fresh water after cleaning.
- Use Citric CIP liquid at 1:4 dilution (20kg per 100L) or 10% active Citric Acid.
- Soak steel for 30 minutes at ambient temperature or, for a more effective passivation, at elevated temperatures up to 60°C.
pH level: 1.1 in neat form
Incompatible surfaces: Aluminium, tin, zinc and concrete. Take care to test first on soft metals such as copper