COVID-19 disinfection with Domchlor
What is Domchlor?
Domchlor is a hospital-grade chlorinated disinfectant for managing infection control and disinfecting hard surfaces, proven to be effective in killing a broad range of bacteria and SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). It is listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), AUST L 388764. Domchlor is a powder product packaged in a sachet providing a controlled dose of the product.
When should Domchlor be used?
The product should be used after cleaning hard surfaces to disinfect frequently touched and minimal touched surfaces that have been affected with COVID-19 and for environments where disinfection is required to maintain a high standard of hygiene. The World Health Organisation (WHO)*, the Australian Government Department of Health*, and the Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Healthcare* recommend a chlorine based product for Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and COVID-19 disinfection.
What are the benefits of chlorine in powder form?
- A sachet provides a portion-controlled dose of the product, this ensures an exact measured dose ensuring effectiveness, safe product handling and effective cost per use.
- Domchlor product directions are easy to follow, users simply need to empty 1 x 5g sachet into 750mL of cold water and stir until dissolved. The product can then be applied onto hard surfaces for disinfection.
- The convenient sachet size reduces the risk of contamination as the powder is not exposed to any external elements before use, compared to a jar or bag that would be frequently opened and exposed to light and air risking reduced efficacy.
- The product is easier to ship, store and handle as it is lightweight.
- The small size of the sachet allows for easy storage.
- The packaging is environmentally friendly as all Dominant sachets are 100% recyclable.
What product variations is Domchlor available in?
Domchlor is available in a convenient rip and tip 5g sized sachet. A labelled bottle for the product is also available. Domchlor is available in cartons of 100 x 5g sachets.
Which industries is Domchlor suitable for?
Does Domchlor meet the Australian government requirements for chlorine disinfection?
Domchlor follows the Australian Government Department of Health guidelines for the prevention and control of infection in healthcare where it is recommended for chlorinated disinfectants to have a minimum effective concentration of 1000ppm (0.1%) available chlorine. The product directions apply for both general disinfection and COVID-19 disinfection. The Domchlor solution when prepared is at the recommended 1000ppm available chlorine.